You might not spend Valentine’s day at a fancy restaurant, but you can definitely create a romantic atmosphere at home, by preparing some out-of-the-ordinary recipes with your significant other. Especially if you both are weight watchers and like the idea of cooking tasty and also healthy food, instead of ordering pizzas and burgers, you will be interested in the following recipes!
1. FRUIT PARFAIT with Greek Yoghurt
Being an attractive and light breakfast, this fruit parfait is a fantastic- and effortless- way to start your Valentine’s day.
- 350 g of fruits like berries or apples- cut in small pieces.
- 700 g Greek Yoghurt
- 80 g Granola Cereal
CALORIES: 330 per serving
- Fill 1/3 of a tall glass with granola cereal.
- Layer on some Greek Yoghurt
- Add the fruits on top!
- If you want, you can create more layers of cereal and yoghurt.
- If you use apples, you can garnish with some cinnamon.
TIP: Have it for breakfast
2. ZUCCHINI SLICES
Whether you eat them as an appetizer or as a snack during your movie night, roasted zucchini slices are a great option for a special day!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 Zucchinis
- Whatever spices you want, we suggest cumin (1/4 tsp.) and smoked paprika (1/4 tsp.)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
CALORIES: around 40 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 110-120°C.
- Cut the washed zucchini into thin slices and press them gently to remove the moisture.
- Spread some olive oil on a non-stick baking paper.
- Place the zucchini slices there, coat them with olive oil and season them with salt and spices.
- Bake them for 1.30-2 hours and let them cool down before you enjoy them.
TIP: Have it as a snack or appetizer
3. PENNE with Blue Cheese
For many of us, a romantic meal should certainly include some sort of pasta or risotto. So here is another super easy recipe, to prepare at your kitchen in no time!
INGREDIENTS (2 servings):
- 250 g penne
- 75 g light milk cream
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 50 g blue cheese
- 10 g ground walnuts
CALORIES: 600 per serving (approx.)
TIP: Have it for lunch/dinner
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions, drain them and keep them warm
- Pour the milk cream in a small pot and warm it up, in medium heat. Melt the blue cheese with a fork and place it in the small pot. Mix well until the cheese melts.
- Add the ground walnuts and continue mixing until you have a uniform sauce.
- After you take the pot away from the fire, pour the lemon juice and mix.
- Serve the pasta in plates and add the blue cheese sauce.
- You can garnish with herbs of your preference!
4. SWEET CHOCOLATE Strawberries
Chocolate and strawberries are associated with Valentine’s day, so the perfect evening should end with delicious strawberries covered with chocolate.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 500 g Strawberries
- 250 g Dark chocolate
- 20 g hazelnuts/ sprinkles (optional)
CALORIES: 267 per serving
TIP: Have it as dessert
- Wash the strawberries and let them dry.
- Chop the chocolate and melt them in bain-marie.
- Dunk the strawberries in the chocolate. If you want, you can add chopped hazelnuts or sprinkles for decoration!
- Place the strawberries on a sheet of baking paper and let them dry.
- Enjoy the rest of your Valentine’s Day!